In general, the Privacy Statement explains the way we collect personal data, why we gather them, and how we utilize the collected data. Personal data means information related to any individual or identified person. And in the privacy statement, if the word, “you” or “your” is used on any occasion, it is important to know that we are referring to the relevant individual who is subject to the personal data.
Concerning the personal data provided to us, we provide information regarding any individual’s rights. However, YES corporates is strongly dedicated to protecting the personal data provided by any individual or any other person. The collected data is used by us for any purpose as mentioned in the privacy statement or else we will notify you of the purpose at the point of collecting them.
Please note that the words used as “we”, “us”, or “YES corporates” in this Privacy Statement are referred to the YES corporates network or/and one or more of its member firms that may use your data. Each member firm in the YES corporates network is a legal entity and is listed in the link below, https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/about/corporate-governance/legal-entities.html.
For the list of regions and countries in which YES corporates member firms operate and for further details please use, http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/about/office-locations.html
YES corporates process personal data for numerous purposes. The purpose of processing may differ with the use, disclosure, lawful basis of processing, means of collection, and retention periods.
Moreover, we are very concerned about the transparency of the reason and the way we process personal data when collecting and using them. If you need more regarding our specific processing activities please visit the relevant sections of this statement.
Our legal grounds for processing your personal data.
In order to process your personal data, your local law may require the legal grounds on which we are relying. Therefore, mentioned below are the processing conditions on which we rely when processing your data.
- Legitimate interests of us in offering information and services to you effectively and operating our businesses effectively and lawfully. Further the legitimate interest of our clients in receiving our professional services in order to function their organizations. (Provided these will not interfere with your rights)
- The legitimate interest of us in improving our businesses, offers, and services and in developing new YES corporates’ technologies. (Provided these will not interfere with your rights)
- To satisfy any requirement of a professional body or to obey any laws and regulations in which we are a member. (for example, for some of our services, we have a legal obligation to provide the service in a certain way);
- To perform our responsibilities under a contractual arrangement with you.
- Processing your personal information for a specific purpose, under your agreement at an instance where no other processing condition is available.
Transfers of personal data - Cross-border transfers
- There is a recipient who can provide appropriate protection to your information.
- There is an agreement that satisfies the requirements of the EU when transferring personal data outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Other YES Corporations member firms
For the details of the locations of YES corporates’ member firms, please visit http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/about/office-locations.html.
In an instance where your personal data is required, we may share your data with other YES member firms under the conditions described in this privacy statement. As an example; we may share personal information with YES corporate member firms in different regions when providing professional services to a client which could be important in the process of advising that client.
We may disclose personal information under the following circumstances also;
- When requested by professional advisers such as law firms, as necessary to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights and obtain advice in connection with the running of our business. Information will be shared with such parties as necessary according to the service they expect to provide towards us.
- When explicitly requested by you.
- When you request to deliver publications or reference materials.
- When needed to facilitate conferences or events hosted by a third party.
- Following the laws and regulations, data will be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies, and professional bodies. In such instances, YES corporates will also tend to review your personal information to decide whether a disclosure is needed or not.
Our processing activities
For further details please visit the relevant sections of this statement. Maintaining business contacts with Corporate clients (and individuals associated with our corporate clients) Personal clients, Individuals who use our applications, and Individuals whose personal data we obtain to provide professional services and Websites Marketing activities.
Additionally, maintaining contacts with others who get in touch with us such as recruitment applicants, suppliers, (including subcontractors and individuals associated with our suppliers and subcontractors) YES corporates personnel (partners, staff, and contractors) insolvencies, and restructuring visitors to our offices.
To protect the loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction of personal information we have imposed some generally accepted standards to technology and operational security. And also we have provided access to personal information only to authorized persons under the agreement of maintaining the confidentiality of information.
As the transmission of data through the internet is not completely secure, we have taken appropriate security measures to protect personal information once we receive them and after. Further, we try our hardest to protect your data, but we will not be able to guarantee security during data transmission.
Your legal rights in relation to personal data
Under the laws of your country, there are certain rights for you regarding the personal information we are holding about you. Thus, you have a legal right to;
- Confirm whether your data is under process or not and also to get information regarding the way and why we process your personal data. Nevertheless, you have all rights to obtain a copy of your data and certain other information also.
- Request an amendment or a rectification where you need your data to make it accurate or to make a piece of incomplete information completed.
- Right to remove your data under any of the circumstances below;
If your data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected and proceeded
When you have dissented the legal grounds to process your data and when we have no Legal right to process them.
When you make any objection regarding the processing of your data by us or any third party, we do not have overriding legitimate grounds.
When you object to the processing of data for direct marketing purposes.
When your information is unlawfully processed. Your data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- The right to restrict the process of your data under any of the circumstances below;
You can call into question the accuracy of your personal data during the time period in which we are allowed to verify your personal data.
When your information is unlawfully processed, you can request a restriction of the process instead of a deletion.
If your data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected and proceeded, but those data are required by you to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
During the period which we are allowed to verify your data under the legitimate grounds which we rely on, but you have objected to processing it as it overrides your interests. However, in an instance,
we need to pursue the processing due to a legitimate interest identified by us.
- The right to object to the process of your data under any of the circumstances below;
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw consent
Changes to the privacy statement
The date indicated at the top is the date on which the statement was last updated.
We may publish an updated version of the privacy statement at any time. However, we will make the latest modified date visible to you at the top of the statement. Please note that after any modification, the updated content will be valid thereafter the modified date. Thus, it is important for you to review this periodically so that you can update with the new methods we use to protect your information.